Welcome to the Office of National Scholarships and Fellowships (ONSF), we're looking forward to meeting with you!
ONSF provides advising and application support for the following nominated scholarships:
- UK Scholarships: Marshall, Rhodes, Churchill, Mitchell and Gates-Cambridge Scholarships.
- STEM Research Career Scholarships: U-M STEM Research Career Award, Goldwater, Astronaut, and NSF Graduate Research Fellowships (Level 1 applicants).
- US Scholarships: Truman, Beinecke, Udall and Knight-Hennessy Scholarships.
- Global and Foreign Policy: Yenching Academy at Peking University, Michel David-Weill Scholarship, Gather Fellowship, and the Schwarzman Scholars Program.
- The Wallenberg Fellowship: LSA Applicants only. Applicants outside of LSA should seek advising from their school/college’s Wallenberg Fellowship Campus Contact.
Schedule An Advising Appointment
A brief explanation of ONSF advising and supported programs. An Intake Form is required for all first-time appointments.
At ONSF we believe in thoughtful, intentional, and personal advising appointments. Each appointment will be specific to you and your personal journey, academic and career goals, or future endeavors.
New Student Appointments
- Students who are new to ONSF and may wish to apply for one of our opportunities should complete this brief intake form to get started.
- After submitting the Intake form, you will receive a link to schedule an advising appointment with either Katie Gass or Henry Dyson.
- Note: If you already know which scholarship or program you intend to apply for, please indicate this on your Intake form and schedule a Prospective Applicant Appointment as described below.
Prospective Applicant Appointments
- Students who have already researched their intended program should make a Prospective Applicant Appointment. Select the appropriate category and include a note about why you are interested in that scholarship, how it fits with your personal, academic, or career goals, and any questions you might have.
- IMPORTANT: If this is your first appointment with ONSF, you still need to complete the Intake Form.
Just wondering about a few things? Click the button below to find our Resource Guides. You may also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The U-M Nomination cycle can be challenging but ONSF is here to help!
Over the last two years, we have developed self-directed Canvas sites to support students in the current application cycle. These Canvas sites ensure that each applicant receives personalized feedback, advice, and support throughout the application cycle. Learn more about Canvas sites for applicants.
If you are a current applicant (i.e. students applying for one or more of the above nominated scholarships in the current academic year) please refer to the corresponding ONSF Canvas site or module for instructions on how to make an advising appointment.
- Note: Applicants for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, Knight-Hennessy Scholarship, and Schwarzman Scholars Program should refer to the corresponding resource guides.
When making a "Current Applicant" advising appointment, please list the scholarship(s) or fellowship(s) you wish to discuss in the notes section along with the reason for your appointment (e.g. application strategy/narrative, letter of recommendation, application essays and document links).
If you have questions at any time during the application process, please reach out to email@example.com.
In the event that you receive an invitation to interview for your selected program, please reach out to us immediately to set up coaching and/or practice interview sessions. Requests for practice interviews or individual coaching can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include several dates and times as part of your request.
Advising doesn't stop once an application is submitted or a decision has been reached!
ONSF offers ongoing advising appointments for students who have completed these application processes and are ready to debrief the process or perhaps are thinking about the next steps in their academic or professional careers.
Debrief and Next Steps Advising
In the rigorous environment of nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships, students selected as nominees and finalists are typically as outstanding as the recipients themselves. Furthermore, the rigorous application process often helps students prepare for successful future endeavors, such as applying to prestigious graduate and professional programs. These appointments will discuss what happens after an application cycle.
Applicants or finalists who have concluded the application process who want to discuss their application, interview, selection process, or decision are encouraged to meet with Henry Dyson to debrief. Please include the name of the scholarship(s) or fellowship(s) you wish to discuss in the notes section of your appointment.
How to Schedule
Next Steps and Debrief Appointments are scheduled on an as-needed basis throughout the academic year. Email appointment requests to email@example.com and be sure to include several available dates and times.