The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans supports thirty new Americans, immigrants or the children of immigrants, who are pursuing graduate school in the United States.
Each fellowship supports up to two years of graduate study in the United States.
U-M Contact: Office of National Scholarships and Fellowships (ONSF), email@example.com.
Application Instructions: Apply online via the Soros Fellowship website
Please see the Soros Fellowship website for comprehensive eligibility details.
- If an applicant was born abroad as a non-US citizen, then they must have been naturalized, be a green card holder, be adopted, or be a DACA recipient.
- To be eligible, applicants must be entering graduate school or in the first two years of graduate school as of the application deadline.
- Applicants cannot have reached their 31st birthday on November 1st of the year in which they apply.
Please see the Soros Fellowship website for upcoming webinars on selection criteria and applications instructions. Sample criteria are below.
- The candidate has demonstrated creativity, originality and initiative in one or more aspects of her/his life.
- The candidate has demonstrated a commitment to and capacity for accomplishment that has required drive and sustained effort.
Applications are due November 1st
The top 77 applicants will be designated as finalists and invited to interview in either Los Angeles (late January) or New York (early February). All expenses for travel and accommodations are paid by the P.D. Soros Foundation. 30 fellowship winners will be notified in March and announced in April.