Overview and Introduction
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford aims to prepare a new generation of global leaders with a deep academic foundation and the skills to develop creative solutions and effect positive change in the world.
Today, research universities are called to find new solutions through research and to educate courageous leaders able to forge collaborations and create change at scale.
Each year a group of 100 students with demonstrated leadership and civic commitment, from a wide array of backgrounds, receive full funding for up to three years of graduate education at Stanford and participate in programming to develop their future leadership skills.
- Citizenship: No requirement.
- Degree-level: Senior or have received a bachelor's degree within the last four years
- Scholar Requirement: Must intend to enroll in full-time graduate degree study at Stanford
- Program Deadline: Typically, the second week of October
- Endorsement: KHS does not require institutional endorsement; students may apply directly to this program.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to review ONSF's applicant guide for an overview of the application, program requirements, additional advising information, and more. Please note, at this time ONSF is only able to offer individual advising and interview preparation to program finalists.
Resources for Applicants:
- The Knight-Hennessy Scholars website offers a wide array of resources for prospective applicants including:
- Live information sessions,
- Program overview,
- Application process guidelines, and
- Advice for applying to and choosing graduate degree programs at Stanford University.
Candidates must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to a Stanford graduate degree program. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars application will require applicants to indicate the Stanford graduate degree program(s) to which they will apply.
Please review additional application requirements, criteria, and guidelines on the Knight-Hennessy Scholars website, including:
- Step 1: Start the online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars and prepare application requirements.
- Step 2: Submit the online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars by the deadline.
- Step 3: If necessary, update test scores for Knight-Hennessy Scholars through the application status page.
- Separately: Prepare and submit all parts of the Stanford graduate degree program application by its deadline.
- Visit the program website to confirm its application deadline, program requirements, and any fees. Please review deadlines carefully as they vary by degree program, and some programs specify a separate application deadline specifically for Knight-Hennessy Scholars applicants