Overview and Introduction
The Michel David-Weill Scholarship provides an American student from a partner institution with $80,000 to cover the full cost of attending The Paris Institute of Political Studies (“Sciences Po”) for a two-year master’s degree.
Sciences Po is one of the leading French universities in human and social sciences in France and is especially known for its Economics programs. Sciences Po offers Master’s programs with English instruction.
Named for Michel David-Weill, an alumnus of Sciences Po and former chairman of Lazard Frères investment bank, the scholarship is awarded each year to one student who exemplifies the core values embodied by Michel David-Weill: excellence, leadership, multiculturalism, tolerance, and high achievement.
The scholarship covers tuition and fees, housing, books, and other living/travel expenses. Prior knowledge of French is not required.
- Academics: Most successful applicants have at least a 3.8 GPA.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen or U.S. National from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Degree-Level: Seniors
- Campus Deadline: Last Monday of October.
- Endorsement: This scholarship requires U-M endorsement. Applications are submitted directly to ONSF. Refer to Canvas for more details.
- Selection Notification: early-February.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to join the U-M Nominated Scholarships Canvas site for an overview of the application, program requirements, additional advising information, and more.
MDW applicants should refer to the ONSF Canvas site for detailed instructions.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Completed Application Package
- Personal statement (1,000 words)
- Recent, graded research paper 8-10 pages long with instructor comments
- U-M Transcript
Note: Applicants must simultaneously apply directly to their proposed Master’s programs at Sciences Po no later than October 31st, 2022 through the online application platform. Please see the appropriate program page for specific application instructions.