Blakemore Freeman Fellowships fund an academic year of advanced language study abroad in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and selected Southeast Asian Languages. Superior candidates pursuing careers in fields such as STEM (science, technology, engineering, math), international business, accounting, law, medicine, journalism, architecture, teaching, social or NGO work, government service, and academia are encouraged to apply.
Institutional Endorsement: This program does not require institutional endorsement; applications must be submitted directly to The Blakemore Foundation.
Application Deadline: December
- An applicant must have (at minimum) a bachelor's degree and have completed at least three years of study of the language at the college level by the start of the grant.
- Applicants be must be either a U.S. citizen or have a U.S. permanent resident visa
Application Instructions -- you will need to provide the following:
- a list of all classes or training you have undertaken in your chosen language
- a list of any academic or professional honors you have been awarded
- a curriculum vitae or resume in pdf format
- a personal essay, three to four pages in length, double-spaced, in PDF format, detailing your career path and goals, as well as explaining your interest in the Asian language you are studying
- official transcript(s)
- two letters of recommendation