We will not be accepting new applications for the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship for the 2021–2022 academic year. Look for announcements in the coming months for future postdoctoral opportunities.
This university-wide, interdisciplinary initiative seeks to bridge exemplary scholarship with multilevel campus-wide engagement and innovation, honoring NCID’s national commitment to institutional diversity and bringing scholarship to practice. Click here learn more about current and past NCID Postdoctoral Fellows.
The NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship is aimed at promoting and supporting the work of outstanding early career diversity scholars. This program provides the opportunity of protected time for focused scholarship, as well as to engage with the rich intellectual community at the University of Michigan.
The salary for the postdoctoral fellows is $55,000 per year plus benefits. Fellows will receive additional support for conference travel and other research-related expenses.
One- or two-year options are available depending on the scholars' research plan.
Note that this fellowship could be combined with other fellowships to extend the length of the postdoctoral period at the University of Michigan.
Applications are welcome from scholars engaging in diversity scholarship, in any field or department represented in the University of Michigan’s 19 schools and colleges. Applicants’ doctoral or comparable terminal degrees should be completed between July 1, 2017 and July 1, 2020.
The application for the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship will require the submission of:
- Statement of proposed scholarship and writing to be conducted during the fellowship year (2-3 pages in pdf format; references, citations, formulas, and graphics do not count toward the page limit);
- Statement of contribution explaining how the applicant’s scholarship and demonstrated diversity commitments will contribute to both NCID and a related U-M academic or research unit (1-3 pages in pdf format);
- Dissertation abstract;
- Writing sample (should be no more than 35 pages in pdf format e.g., sample publication or research paper in progress, journal article, dissertation chapter; references, citations, formulas, and graphics do not count toward the page limit); and
- At least two letters of recommendation (maximum of three).
- Materials will be due on Monday, December 16, 2019. Deadline includes letters of recommendation.
The NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is administered by the National Center for Institutional Diversity at the University of Michigan. For any questions relating to recruitment, eligibility, technical issues, or program details, please contact:
National Center for Institutional Diversity
610 East University Avenue, Suite 3338
Ann Arbor, MI 48109