- Middle East Studies Major
- Middle East Studies Minor
- Arabic Studies Minor
- Advising Appointments
- Study Abroad and Internships
- Course Information and Policies
- Department Awards
- Info Sessions and Campus Visits
- First Year @ U-M
- Transfer Credit
- Undergraduate Mentorship Program
- Winter 2024 Course Gallery
MES Honors Major
Students who qualify as candidates for Honors are those who meet the requirements for a regular major, maintain a GPA of at least 3.4 overall and 3.5 in the major, and complete the writing of a senior thesis with distinction. Honors majors are required to enroll in the independent study thesis course (MIDEAST 498) during Fall and Winter their senior year. Further information concerning the Honors major may be obtained by contacting the MES Student Services Assistant or through an academic advising appointment with a department advisor.
For information on scholarship and award opportunities specific to Honors students, please visit the Honors Scholarships and Awards page on the LSA Honors Program website.