The Department of Mathematics climate committee is dedicated to addressing and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment within Mathematics. Contact information is below.
The charge of the climate committee is to:
- Make concrete recommendations to the Chair and to the Executive Committee of possible actions or policy changes on DEI matters.
- Take input from the math department community (climate surveys, listen to complaints), and from outside sources (consultants, literature) to inform said recommendations.
- Serve as a consultant to people or committees seeking input on improving DEI in their purviews.
- Organize and encourage participation in events that promote an increased understanding of equity and diversity issues within the department.
- Outline principles for a positive department climate.
Climate Committee Members
- Alejandro Uribe
- Anthony Bloch
- Jess Randolph (Staff Rep)
- Dick Canary
- Trace Jackson
- Divakar Viswanath
- Beth Wolf
- Jenny Young
If you have any comments or concerns about climate issues in the department, please let the committee know by emailing committee members individually or email the committee as a whole at email@example.com. Issues involving specific individuals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.