Contact the LSA IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. That will automatically open a free-form ticket and respond back with a tracking number; please use that number in all communications on the issue. The service desk will work the issue and, if necessary, route the ticket to the appropriate service provider.
See the status of your tickets and orders, as well as any service outages and upcoming maintenance, and access the Knowledge Base.
Contact the LSA IT Service Desk at 734.936.3279 from 8:00am–5:00pm Monday through Friday, for hardware, operating system, and application software support.
During the summer, the Service Desk will be closed on Tuesdays from 4:00pm–5:00pm. A desktop support specialist will respond to all requests recieved during this hour the next business day.
Get remote assistance from the LSA IT Service Desk. We can screen-share with your Linux, Mac OS, or Windows computer and see the same thing you see.
LSA IT has gathered some self support and training materials on general questions involving U-M Box and U-M Google (including Calendar, Drive, and Mail).
- LSA IT - Angell at G220 Angell Hall, 435 S. State St. (Manager: Phil Bonam)
- LSA IT - Chemistry at A541 Chemistry Building, 930 N. University Ave. (Manager: Dan St. Pierre)
- LSA IT - East Hall at 1069 East Hall, 530 Church St. (Manager: Eric Pinaud)
- LSA IT - Randall at 2428 Randall Labs, 450 Church St. (Manager: Stephen McClatchey)
Please contact Lisa Callihan for any issues with walk-in support.
Computer Upgrades for Staff
LSA provides the resources to replace all staff computers once every four years, as well as to fund the purchase of new computers when new staff positions are created.
- LSA covers the cost of one computer per staff member, including one monitor, one mouse, and one keyboard.
- If work needs dictate, a laptop may be purchased. If so, LSA also covers the cost of the docking station.
- The default option is a Windows PC. Very few exceptions will be made for purchase of Macs for staff, and only with clearly justifiable need (of which both LSA IT and departmental chief administrator must approve).
- The cost of second monitors and all other peripherals besides what is mentioned above are the responsibility of the unit (with the exception of the Dean's Office as they are part of the same area budget).
Getting Started for Faculty, Post-Docs, and Graduate Students
We've developed a brochure for new faculty, post-docs, and graduate students to let them know what resources exist that they may find useful.