Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Undergraduate Academic Progress Report

The Academic Progress Report is an online application accessible on the LSA Student Academic Affairs website. Instructors can use the Progress Report to identify students who are in academic difficulty and to make timely recommendations for corrective action. It is particularly helpful if you submit a Progress Report for students who, by the midpoint of the term, are earning low grades in your course, or whose performance you are concerned about for other reasons. You should include any comments that may be relevant to the situation, but please note that the student will receive a copy of your Progress Report submission

If you are teaching a large course, a Progress Report can be an effective way to help a student get individual attention. Also, a progress Report will be requested for any of your students who are participants in a learning program committed to academic excellence (for instance, the Comprehensive Studies Program and the Athletic Department’s Academic Success Program).

Just about midway through the term you will receive an email solicitation to submit Progress Reports for a set of “requested” students (including CSP students, student-athletes, and students on academic probation). At the same time you may submit reports as well for any other students who are having difficulty in your class.  Progress Reports may be submitted at any time during the term, but it is always best if the report is received before the Late Drop deadline, at the end of the 9th week of the term. 

Please note that when you submit a Progress Report, a copy is automatically emailed directly to the student. Another copy is placed in the student's record in the Online Advising File; and copies will also be sent to all the student's assigned academic advisors, including the CSP advisor for CSP students and the ASP counselor for student-athletes. The advisor will then contact the student to discuss the problems. If a student does not have an assigned advisor, the progress report will be sent to the advising center of the student's academic unit.

When should you submit a Progress Report?  Whenever…

  • a student has not performed well on an exam or paper.
  • a student is not turning in assigned work, such as papers, problem sets, or other homework.
  • a student has not been attending class regularly.
  • a student’s participation in class has been inconsistent or deficient.
  • a student seems to be struggling in your class and would benefit from talking to you or seeking extra help.

Also, you might remind students directly that academic advisors are available in the Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center (1255 Angell Hall, 764-0332) to offer support, answer questions, suggest study strategies, and help them clarify their academic goals.

Submit an Undergraduate Academic Progress Report.