APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Students will be notified by Friday, Sept. 30th at noon as to the status of their application. Accepted participants will be asked to confirm at that time.
A paid DEI Certificate program for LSA undergraduate student employees!
Help make LSA a more inclusive space for all students, and equip yourself to be a leader for diversity, equity, and inclusion in your future workplace.
1) Enhance your capacity to apply DEI skills in the workplace, in LSA and beyond
2) Reflect on how DEI influences your life experience
3) Expand your network with other LSA student leaders
Open to all undergraduate students currently employed in an LSA unit. Graduate students are encouraged to view the Rackham DEI Certificate Program here.
This professional development certificate is non-credit-bearing and will not show up on your transcript.
All students chosen for the LSA DEI Certificate Program must complete two parts of the program to get the certificate:
- Part I of the program consists of Learning and Cohort Building, comprised of four DEI learning modules and group orientation. This portion is directly intended to increase your capacity to support LSA's anti-racism and DEI work. Fifty participants will be chosen from among the applicants this year. They will receive a stipend ($150) for Part I (estimate 10 hours per employee).
- Part II of the program culminates in an unpaid, self-designed capstone project (estimate 10 hours per employee). As a high impact educational practice, the capstone project will allow you to integrate your learning from Part I and apply it within your sphere of influence. You will present your project at a poster fair, where it will be eligible for monetary awards in each track.