- Student Resources
- Staff Resources
- Faculty Resources
- LSA Collegiate Fellows Program
- DEI Workshops
- DEI Events
- Strategic Plan
- Anti-Racism Report
- Preventing Sexual Harassment Report
- Cultural Heritage and Awareness
To all members of the U-M community:
Are you passionate about improving U-M’s campus climate? Are you eager to transform your passion into action? The Inclusive Campus Collaborative is seeking faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds who can speak about their experiences in various communities on our campus, offer ideas and feedback on our ongoing collective work to improve the climate for all. We are eager to involve you in shaping and contributing to our work!
Mission of Committee
The Inclusive Campus Collaborative seeks to foster a campus climate in which all members of the University of Michigan community feel respected, valued, and empowered to engage in the life of the university.
We collaborate with students, faculty and staff to help build an inclusive culture of belonging. We support one another in developing and expanding our own knowledge and skills in engaging across difference and serving as effective allies to students and colleagues affected by all forms of bias, racism, and structural inequality.
The Collaborative is composed of directors, faculty, staff, and students from various schools and units across the University. By serving on the committee, you will have a direct voice in campus affairs and gain a better understanding of the administration of the University.
Current committees focus on the following:
- Inclusive Pedagogies - This is a network of skilled individuals who have created a website to host a collection of resources that help make teaching more inclusive. The committee continues to curate new material and work on the aesthetics and usability of the site.
- International Students - This group seeks to understand the scope of challenges faced by international students in LSA and across campus; providing guidance and practical ideas for ways to make international students in LSA feel welcome, visible, and to connect them to resources that will help them during their tenure at UM.
- Steering - This committee creates agendas for the full group meetings and makes final decisions, following group discussions.
- Students - The newly created student committee works with undergraduates across LSA to directly confront issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The focus of these efforts are decided by the students themselves once they are on the committee.
Membership in the collaborative involves attendance at monthly plenary and committee meetings (approximately 2 hours/month). Additional project work outside of those meetings is expected, averaging 4-6 hours per month. The commitment is intended to be for the academic year, with the potential to renew that commitment for future years. We encourage students who may not be able to serve the full academic year because of graduation, study abroad, a semester in Washington or Detroit, or for other reasons to apply for a one-semester appointment on the committee.
Process to Join
If you are interested in joining us, please fill out our interest form. The Steering Committee will review submissions and follow up with more information shortly after. Thanks for reading about our board and for your interest!