You will learn to:
- Examine your own background and identities and how these identities shape our experiences and perspectives
- Discuss how the brain functions, and relate how unconscious bias is a natural function of the human mind
- Identify patterns of unconscious bias that influence decision-making processesConfront internal biases and practice conscious awareness
- Review strategies to create transformational change in the workplace
You will benefit by:
- Raising self-awareness, sparking conversation with others and initiating new actions
- Enhancing your professional and personal effectiveness on and off the job
- Positively influencing personal and organizational decisions
- Creating stronger and more positive work relationships with others
Audience:This session is open to all LSA Staff. Graduate and undergraduate student staff should contact Britney Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll.
Length: 2 hours
To register for a regularly scheduled session open to LSA staff please visit the DEI Events section of the DEI Tile in the LSA Gateway.
To request a private or customized session please email LSA-DEI-Office@umich.edu.