Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Transfer Student FAQs

Q: Why don’t all of my transfer credits appear on my U-M transcript?

A: There are a couple of reasons why this might be the case. If your final transcript from your previous institution including the grades for your last semester never arrived, these classes will not be posted to your transcript. Make sure that you had your previous institution send a final transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. There might also have been classes that could not be evaluated because the credit evaluators needed more information. These were probably noted on the Transfer Credit Summary report you received. Need more help? Your academic advisor in the Newnan Advising Center can help sort this out.

Q:  Some of my credits transferred as departmental credits. How do I get those evaluated for credit toward my major?

A: Make an appointment with an advisor in your major department. Go to the department web page to schedule an advising appointment.

Q: At orientation, my advisor told me some of my departmental credits would count for distribution, but they are not showing on my degree audit. How do I get them posted?

A:  First, make sure that your final transcript was sent from your previous institution. After you confirm that it was sent, make an appointment with your advisor in the Newnan Advising Center. Your advisor will be able to complete the process so the credits appear on your degree audit where appropriate.

Q: How can I check my progress toward my degree?

A:  Go to the LSA Unofficial Audit Checklist. The audit checklist will show your progress toward your major, minor, and general degree requirements.


Have more questions?  Contact your LSA general advisor by email or by calling the Newnan Advising Center at 734.764.0332.