Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Transfer Within the U-M System

If you are a student on the Ann Arbor campus, you may make a cross-campus transfer after you have completed two full terms in your original school or college. In order to transfer into LSA, you must have a GPA above 2.0 (overall and in the last term before transfer).

The application may be submitted during the second term of enrollment.

Intra-Unit Transfer. Students who wish to transfer from the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts to the Residential College or vice versa should contact the RC Academic Services Office for information about intra-college transfer procedures. In these cases, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is not involved.

If you are leaving LSA for another unit on the Ann Arbor campus, go here.

If you are student at UM-Dearborn or UM-Flint, you are considered an external transfer student and submit your application through the Undergraduate Admissions Office.  Further information can be found here.

If you are transferring from the Ann Arbor campus to UM-Flint or UM-Dearborn, go to the Admissions page on the UM-Flint or UM-Dearborn website.  

If you only plan to take courses as a guest student, you are not considered a transfer student.  If you attend a Michigan Public University,  you may use the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application.

Be sure to read the Transfer Credit Guidelines and check the Course Credit Equivalencies Tables before you invest time and money to ensure the credits will transfer. If the course is not listed in the credit equivalency tables, request a pre-evaluation from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (Student Activities Building). Also check with your department advisor in advance if you plan to use courses taken elsewhere to satisfy requirements for the major.