- College Overview
- Dean's Welcome
- Mission and Tradition
- Expect Respect
- Amazing Facilities
- Contact Us
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We hear the term “microaggressions” more frequently now than ever before. Is it because this microaggression culture has just emerged and people are “overly sensitive” while others are all of a sudden engaging in these sorts of acts? Absolutely not.
These daily verbal, behavioral, or environmental slights, whether overt, subtle or unintentional, have become a huge area of concern. Whether one believes this phenomenon is real, perceived, or a made-up term for invalid experiences, you all will benefit from this session.
- Get introduced to the parent term “microaggressions” and other concepts relevant to this topic
- Obtain an understanding of the social and psychological impacts of microaggressions
- Engage in activities and dialogue to unveil microaggressions within the workplace
- Validate your experiences with microaggressions
- Walk away with some techniques to combat everyday slights, as a bystander or as a recipient
Length: 2 hours
To register for a regularly scheduled session open to LSA staff please visit the DEI Events section of the DEI Tile in the LSA Gateway.
To request a private or customized session please email LSA-DEI-Office@umich.edu.