The Kelsey Is Now Open to All Audiences
We are happy to welcome all audiences back to the Kelsey Museum. Gallery capacity remains reduced, and we will continue to use a ticketing system to schedule visits. Additional safety protocols approved by the College and the Provost’s Office are still in place.
Scheduling Your Visit
The Kelsey is currently open to all audiences.
All visits must be scheduled in advance through Eventbrite ticketing. Admission is free, but each member of your party must have a ticket. Members of the U-M Community will also need to show their valid Mcard. Gallery capacity is reduced to ensure safe social distancing, so no large groups, please.
In accordance with university guidelines, we offer designated gallery visitation days and hours for the U-M Community, Kelsey members and docents, and the general public:
- U-M Community: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 9–11 a.m.
- Kelsey Museum Members and Docents: Thursdays, 9–11 a.m. and 12–4 p.m.
- General Public: Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 1–4 p.m.
- The museum is closed on Mondays.
We are not offering tours at this time, but you are welcome to explore the galleries on your own. Your museum visit will be limited to 45 minutes.
The galleries will be closed for an hour at midday to allow for cleaning.
Masks are not required for visitors who are fully vaccinated and have self-reported/verified their vaccination status through ResponsiBLUE. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
We are asking visitors who are not yet fully vaccinated to please continue to wear a mask while in the museum. Masks must cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly. No vented face coverings are permitted based on U-M’s EHS guidelines.
Arriving at the Museum
The State Street entrance is closed. Please come to the Maynard Street entrance at least 5 minutes before your scheduled visit time. (Click here for information about parking.). As you wait for security to provide access, please follow these guidelines:
- Maintain a social distance of at least six feet from other visitors.
- Make sure all members of your party have completed the U-M health screening on the day of your visit (non-U-M affiliates can use the “Guest Screening” option). Have the “completed” screens (or screenshots) ready to show security, along with your Eventbrite tickets. U-M Community members will also need to show their Mcards (U-M ID).
Visitors must present their health screen attestation and Eventbrite ticket to security before entering the museum. Members of the U-M Community will also need to show their Mcards.
Please cancel your visit if you or any member of your party feels unwell. Visitors showing signs of illness at the time of their visit will be asked to return at a later date.
In the Museum
- We request that all visitors who are not fully vaccinated please wear a mask while in the museum.
- Please maintain a safe social distance from other museum visitors.
- Leave all large bags, backpacks, and umbrellas in the coatroom.
- The gift shop remains closed.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned throughout the day, and sanitizer stations will be available at several locations. Nevertheless, please do not touch cases, drawers, pedestals, or artifacts.
- Your visit to the Kelsey Museum will be a no-touch experience. Collateral materials and interactives will not be available, except for printed gallery guides. You are free to take these guides home with you, or you can drop them in a recycle bin at the Kelsey before you leave.
A risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. In the interest of your personal safety and community health, we ask that you observe all the precautions listed above.
Welcome back to the Kelsey. We look forward to seeing you!
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Dawn Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.764.9295.