- Tuesday–Friday: 9 am–4 pm
- Saturday, Sunday: 1–4 pm
- Monday: closed
Admission is free, but donations are welcome.
The gift shop is open Tuesday–Friday, 9 am–4 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 1 pm–4 pm.
- Thursday, November 23: closed
- Friday, November 24: 11 am–4 pm
- Saturday, November 25: 1–4 pm
- Sunday, November 26: 1–4 pm
- Sunday, December 24: closed
- Monday, December 25: closed
- Tuesday, December 26–Friday, December 29: 11 am–4 pm
- Saturday, December 30: 1–4 pm
- Sunday, December 31: 1–4 pm
- Monday, January 1: closed
- Regular hours resume Tuesday, January 2
Address / Phone Number
Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, 434 South State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1390
There are several parking options. Metered parking is available on Maynard Street (coin only), State Street (electronic meters), and East William Street (electronic meters). Metered parking is free after 6PM on Mondays through Saturdays and all day on Sundays. Please refer to the Central Campus parking map for additional options. Have questions about parking? Please call 734.764.9304.
The Kelsey Museum of Archaeology is located on the Central Campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor (please visit the interactive campus map). The public entrance is on Maynard Street. (This is also the accessible entrance. Take the sidewalk to the ramp on the south side of the building.)
During the next couple of years there will be several new building projects to the north and south of the Kelsey Museum. We are excited about the upcoming changes and our new neighbors at the Trotter Multicultural Center.
During this period, the Museum will continue to be open, but please allow extra time for your visit as the normal parking and routes may vary. We welcome you to contact us prior to your visit for guidance, please call 734.764.9304 or email email@example.com.
- The ramp at the entrance to Newberry Hall on State Street will not be available during construction. Please continue to use our accessible entrance on Maynard Street. If you are attending a program in the Newberry Hall, please call 734.764.9304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make arrangements for the entry to the Museum.
- The sidewalk north of the Museum will be closed during construction. There was a crosswalk established across State Street in front of the Kelsey Museum entrance.
- Paid Visitor Parking Lot on Maynard Street (next to LSA Building) will be closed during construction.
- There will be a large volume of construction traffic in the area for the next two years. Please use extra caution.
Additional information on the following construction projects: