Sketching in the Galleries
Bring a pad of paper and a pencil and try your hand at sketching some of our objects. Please follow these guidelines:
- Use graphite pencils and sketchbooks only. There are no exceptions to this rule. Charcoal, pastels, or liquid media are not permitted into the galleries.
- Leave aerosols, solvents, paint thinners, and other combustibles at home. These are not permitted in the galleries or other public spaces of the museum (including the immediately outside the entrances).
- Leave all large portfolios at home, along with bookbags, large bags, and umbrellas.
- Feel free to take photographs without a flash.
- Be careful not to touch or lean against artifacts or cases.
- Keep food and beverages outside the museum. Food (including gum) and beverages (including water) are not permitted in the galleries.
- Leave your shoes on your feet while in the galleries, for your safety.
- Keep pathways through the museum clear, especially in the area in front of the elevators, other handicap accessible entrances, and fire exits.
If you are coming as a school group, please schedule your visit in advance with our Education Department, email@example.com or 734.647.4167.