We are not offering in-person field trips this school year. Instead, bring the Kelsey to your classroom with a virtual visit! Virtual visits include a virtual tour with close looking at objects and an activity.
Plan Your Virtual Visit
Step 1: Choose a topic or ancient civilization to explore (Archaeology, Egypt, Middle East, Greece, Rome, Ancient Writing, Special Exhibition, Custom Topic)
- Tours take 30 minutes to 1 hour
Step 2: Choose one or more activities listed on this page. Each activity takes 30–45 minutes to complete.
- Archaeology activities work well with most tour topics
- Have a group of more than 30 students? Pick 2 activities or 2 tour topics — groups will rotate
Step 3: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to plan and reserve your virtual visit. We look forward to your visit!
- Read and Look (Pre-K-1st)
- Sketching in the Galleries (K-12th)
- Burial Boxes (3rd-12th)
- Pottery Reconstruction (1st-8th)
- Museum Ethics and Artifacts (11th-12th)
- Ancient Board Games (2nd-8th)
- Making Mosaics (K-5th)
- Reading Latin Inscriptions (8th-12th)
- Fred the Mummy Presentation (2nd-5th)
- Hieroglyphic Writing (1st-5th)
- Myths and Monsters (K-5th)
- Ancient Democracy! (5th-12th)
- Greek Mythology through Artifacts (6th-12th)
- Ancient Board Games — The Royal Game of Ur (2nd-8th)
Contact the Education Department
If you have any questions, contact the Education Department at email@example.com or 734.647.4167.