Requests due November 17, 2022
A limited number of fee waivers are available to US citizens and DACA recipients. If you do not qualify any of Rackham's fee waivers, but meet the requirements below, send an email to AH-Admissions@umich.edu providing proof and an explanation of your eligibility based on the following:
- Have a record of superior academic achievement (e.g., grade point average, honors, or other designation)
- Are U.S. citizen, permanent residents, or undocumented students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA).
- AND must meet one or more of the following:
- Come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is
underrepresented in graduate study in your discipline in the United
States or at the University of Michigan;
- Have demonstrated a commitment to diversity in the academic,
professional, or civic realm through their work experience, volunteer
engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations. By
diversity, we mean efforts to reduce social, educational or economic
disparities based on race, ethnicity or gender, or to improve race
relations in the U.S.;
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances;
- Are a first generation U.S. citizen or first generation in your family to graduate from a four‐ year college.
Please keep in mind that race, ethnicity, gender, or national origin may not be used as a criteria for requesting an application fee waiver.