The National Humanities Center (NHC) presents Podcasting the Humanities: Creating Digital Stories for the Public. This five-day (June 27 - July 1, 2022) virtual institute will provide support for university faculty to create public-facing scholarship in the form of podcasts. The Institute for the Humanities will sponsor/pay the $975 tuition for selected faculty to attend the virtual institute. The deadline for submitting the application for sponsorship is 5:00 p.m., March 25, 2022.
Submit this application for tuition/sponsorship through the Institute for the Humanities. Do not submit the individual or institutional application located on the NHC website.
Lecturers II, III, IV and tenured/tenure track faculty with an active appointment on the University of Michigan Ann Arbor campus as of June 1, 2022.
- The completed application must be submitted by 5:00 p.m., March 25, 2022.
- Sponsorship is competitive. The Institute has a limited number of slots it can award.
- Selection will be based on the following questions from the application:
- research interests
- how attending the institute will contribute to your research or dissemination of your research.
- The experience area of the application is for the facilitators of the institute, it is not a consideration for IH’s sponsorship of your attendance.
- Upload a short form CV (no more than three pages) with the application.
- Chosen faculty will be notified the week of April 1, 2022.
Requirement for Sponsored Faculty
Upon completion of the podcasting institute, send the Institute for the Humanities a brief (one page or less) summary to firstname.lastname@example.org of the value you gained from attending the podcasting institute, and indicate if you plan to complete a podcast in the future. If a podcast is completed, provide IH with a link to the podcast so that we can share it through our website and various social media platforms, if appropriate.