- All News
- Search News
- Spend Your Summer Here! Check out the Samo Alajbegović Fellowship for Summer 2022!
- Attention Juniors: Use Your Research to Teach Honors 135!
- Congratulations to our 2021 Otto Graf and Jack Meiland Scholars!
- Awesome Honors Winter 2021
- Honors in Action | Mental Health at Michigan: Online Exhibit Premiere
- Honors in Action | Democracy & Debate 2020 Presidential Campus Tour
- Honors Student Socials Team
- All-Honors Summer [Virtual] Event: DUNE
- #hononline digital literacy underway
- Cancelled: Abdul El-Sayed Lecture & Book Signing
- Compostable: HELA in Action
- Soaring with Honors Research & Travel Grants
- Honors 135 Update
- Catalyst Grants: First- & Second-Year Research and Leadership Development
- Honors Conversions F19 & W20
- NEW: Student Mentors
- Maintaining Motivation
- Honors Forum Blog: Current & Alumni News
- Awesome Honors: Kathy Pham
- LSA Honors DeRoy Virtual Open Lecture with Abdul El-Sayed
- All Events
What is it? The Samo Alajbegović Fellowship provides funding for undergraduates in the LSA Honors Program pursuing research and internship opportunities in one of the following fields: marine biology, biology, ecology, anthropology, archeology, and the humanities. The summer fellowship honors the legacy of Samo, a native of Slovenia, who spent his life studying his beloved Adriatic Sea. Student travel is subject to university guidelines: see Global Michigan.
Who can apply for this fellowship? Undergraduate students in the LSA Honors Program
Where can I travel? Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, and Bosnia-Herzegovina
When can I go? Spring/Summer 2022
What fields can I study on this fellowship? Preference given to students pursuing projects in marine biology, biology, ecology, anthropology, archeology, and the humanities.
When and how do I apply? Applications open 1/3/22. Explore your options over winter break. Visit the Samo Alajbegović Fellowship web page and scroll to the bottom of the page to find resources for finding a summer 2022 opportunity.