- All News
- Search News
- Honors in Action | Mental Health at Michigan: Online Exhibit Premiere
- Honors in Action | Democracy & Debate 2020 Presidential Campus Tour
- Honors Student Socials Team
- All-Honors Summer [Virtual] Event: DUNE
- #hononline digital literacy underway
- Cancelled: Abdul El-Sayed Lecture & Book Signing
- Compostable: HELA in Action
- Soaring with Honors Research & Travel Grants
- Honors 135 Update
- Catalyst Grants: First- & Second-Year Research and Leadership Development
- Honors Conversions F19 & W20
- NEW: Student Mentors
- Maintaining Motivation
- Honors Forum Blog: Current & Alumni News
- LSA Honors DeRoy Virtual Open Lecture with Abdul El-Sayed
- Honors F20 Activities & Engagement Opportunities
- All Events
FROM THE DIRECTOR'S DESK:
To the Honors Community: We begin [this update] by acknowledging that these are difficult and challenging times, as we adjust to the precautions imposed by the U-M, as well as local and federal governments. Seniors worked long and hard to enjoy a commencement that has been "postponed." Exams are adjusted for online testing. Your classes will also be completed online. The grading scheme for your courses just changed, in a way that hopefully provides some relief, but which also may raise new questions. You may or may not have been able to travel home; this creates its own set of hurdles.
As a community, we offer these supports:
- Advising is remote. Rest assured that if you scheduled — or will schedule — an appointment, you will speak with an advisor.
- Advising inquiry emails should be addressed, as always, to email@example.com. (It will work much faster than calling us on the phone.)
- We have created an Honors-related COVID-19 FAQ to address your questions. We update it as we learn more about the details regarding the new grading policy for this semester. (The link is available to anyone, in case your families have questions.)
- We'll share stress relievers, mental heath care tips, and other tips on Honors social media channels (links available at the bottom of the page).
- To stay connected, participate in the #honorscovidchronicles weekly challenge by sending a quick video or pic. We'll draw two weekly winners, who will win Honors swag through the end of the term! More details on that in the News features on this website.
- CAPS is sharing a mental health "care package." We all can probably take advantage of it.
All Honors: Please take care of yourselves, stay safe, and let us know if we can help you.
My warmest wishes, and hopes for seeing everyone on the other side of this unprecedented crisis.