- Academic Information
- Sophomore Honors Award
- Honors Funding Opportunities
- Catalyst Grants | First- and Second Year Students
- LSA Honors Grants for Research, Travel, and Special Projects
- Benedek Scholarship - London-area study abroad opportunity
- Graf-Meiland Scholarships for Rising Seniors - Awards for academic excellence and/or interdisciplinarity
- Wasserstein Awards - Recognizing contributions to The Michigan Daily
- Honors Graduation Awards
- Honors Summer Fellowship
- Honors Housing
- Honors Community
- Thesis Assistance
- Honors Employment Opportunities
The Wasserstein Awards are made possible by a generous gift from Mr. Bruce Wasserstein to honor his father and mother. Investment banker Bruce Wasserstein (1947-2009) was an Honors graduate who had a great affection for the University of Michigan, the Honors Program, and The Michigan Daily.
Awards vary in amount but can exceed $1000/term for one or two terms. Awards are disbursed after decisions are made in March; if the award affects a student's existing financial aid package, the award will be disbursed in the fall of the following academic year.
Eligibility: Honors students in good standing on the writing or editorial staff of The Michigan Daily. Students who have previously applied for the award are invited to apply provided they are Honors students and on staff at The Michigan Daily.
Timeline: Application opens at noon the third Monday of January and closes the last Monday of February at noon. Award recipients will be announced by late March.
- Applicant's overall academic record
- Quality of work done at The Daily
- Personal statement
Access application here.
The application form closes at noon on 2/27/23. Late applications will not be accepted.
Before you access the online application form, please be prepared to submit in PDF format:
- A two page personal statement discussing your academic and career plans, work at the Daily, and plans for the prize money
- An updated resume or CV
- A list of no more than three favorite articles that you've written for The Daily (if applicable)
Questions? Email email@example.com.