- Academic Information
- Sophomore Honors Award
- Honors Funding Opportunities
- Catalyst Grants | First- and Second Year Students
- LSA Honors Grants for Research, Travel, and Special Projects
- Benedek Scholarship - London-area study abroad opportunity
- Graf-Meiland Scholarships for Rising Seniors - Awards for academic excellence &/or interdisciplinarity
- Wasserstein Awards - Recognizing contributions to The Michigan Daily
- Honors Graduation Awards
- Honors Summer Fellowship
- Honors Housing
- Honors Community
- Thesis Assistance
- Honors Employment Opportunities
APPLY BELOW after reading the application guidelines. Notice which expenses qualify for an Honors grant.
Supplementary funding for Honors students’ activities is made possible by generous donations from our alumni and supporters. Funding is available to Honors students to support research, presentations at professional conferences, domestic and international travel, and special projects compatible with Honors Core values and academic objectives. Priority is given to thesis-related activities.
Students attending academic year or semester-long study abroad programs to select London-area institutions are eligible to apply for the Benedek Scholarship. Students who are considering spring/summer programs at London-area universities are invited to apply for an Honors Research & Travel Grant during the winter cycle application window. Students are not permitted to receive a Benedek Scholarship and an Honors Research & Travel Grant in the same academic year.
Student travel is subject to university policies (see Global Michigan website). See the Requirements for international travel funding section below.
Eligibility: Current Honors students in good standing with the LSA Honors Program.
Timeline: Coordinate the time frame of your request with the timing of the grant cycle, i.e., requests for funding needed for late winter or summer should be made during the winter grant cycle. PLEASE NOTE: Our funding policy does not permit us to provide funding for post-graduation experiences.
Fall Cycle: Applications open at noon the first Monday of October and close at noon the first Monday of November. In 2023, the application will open at noon on October 2nd and will close at noon on November 6th.
Winter Cycle: Applications open at noon the third Monday of January and close at noon the last Monday of February.
How: Access the application form from a Umich email account during open application cycle dates.
Applicants should be prepared to submit:
- A brief description of your request (200 words or less).
- Itemized budget of request
- Other sources of funding to which you have applied, noting the amount and whether these have already been confirmed.
- A statement about your level of participation in the LSA Honors Program (200 words or less).
**To update a submitted form while the grant cycle is open, access the application by clicking Edit your response on the form submission confirmation page or in the email confirmation, make the necessary changes, and resubmit.
Requirements for international travel funding
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org