- Academic Information
- Sophomore Honors Award
- Honors Funding Opportunities
- Honors Summer Fellowships
- Graduation Information
- Honors Housing
- Honors Community
- Thesis Assistance
- Honors Employment Opportunities
This summer, in conjunction with LSA's Digital Wolverine series, we're offering Honors Global Digital Citizenship, which is a great opportunity for you to prepare yourself to college by...
- learning about transitioning your social media profile from high school to college and career/grad school,
- earn engagement points towards the Sophomore Honors Award,
- taking a summer dive into topics of online image, self-care, fake news, appropriate college "netiquette," digital access as a human right, and more, and
- getting to be a part of front-line study in digital citizenship.
As part of LSA, we generally do what the college does -- but we like to dive a bit deeper. It's not just a metaphor. As a diving enthusiast, our Director takes Honors students diving for real, too (photo above).
How do you jump in? We've created a set of zero-risk online modules for you to explore over the summer. They involve some very short readings, some assignments which we think are both interesting and helpful, and the opportunity to connect with others in a safe digital environment. You can do things at your own pace, whenever you want. Each module will take approximately twenty-five minutes. If you complete five of the eight modules you can earn 1 engagement point. If you complete all 8 modules and all surveys you are eligible to earn 3 engagement points.
Your first task is to fill out a survey, which unlocks everything else. The initial survey, which will appear with a welcome letter to your umich.edu email, will collect data on your cohort -- your story, hopes, and some opinions. We'll share the results with the whole cohort (but only completely anonymously). Don't want to answer particular questions? Skip them.
Once you've taken the survey, you'll be added to our online modules using Canvas, the learning management system we use at the U-M. Take the survey right away or wait. The system will automatically nudge you a few times over the summer until you have taken it, so don't worry that you or we would forget. Participation is voluntary.
Have questions? Ask your advisor or peer mentors at Orientation. We'll see you soon!