Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Term Withdrawal

Withdrawing from All Classes Before the Semester Begins (Disenrolling)

If you register for classes and later change your plans, you can disenroll by contacting the Registrar’s Office. You must do this before the first day of classes to avoid being charged any tuition or fees. If you are unsure when classes start, you can check the academic calendar.

Withdrawing from All Classes During the Semester (Term Withdrawal)

You cannot complete this process online. Prior to the drop/add deadline, any Honors student services person can help you ( After the drop/add deadline, please contact your Honors Advisor if you are thinking about withdrawing from the term. We will talk with you about the factors you should consider and assist you with the process. If you are dropping your only class for a term, that is considered a term withdrawal.

Withdrawing from All Classes After the Semester Is Over (Retroactive Term Withdrawal)

After the last day of classes, you cannot withdraw except by successful petition to the Honors Academic Board. Retroactive withdrawals are rare exceptions and are only granted in extraordinary circumstances. To be eligible to petition, you must have documentation of non-academic factors that prevented you from finishing classes and prevented you from requesting the withdrawal before the end of the term. If you think you might have a case, please make an appointment with an Honors Academic Board member. You must have this appointment before you can submit a petition. Please note that there is a one-year time limit on these requests.

Retroactive Term Withdrawal - Petition Guidelines & Cover Sheet