On April 28, twenty-five graduating seniors presented their theses at the Department of History's Honors Symposium, which took place in the Michigan Union. Students each presented a brief overview of their original research, after which Professor Christian de Pee presented the following awards:
- Arthur Fondiler Award for Best Undergraduate Thesis: Paige Christine Hodder (first); Nomi Rosen (second)
- John A. Williams History Award: Eli Friedman
- Stephen J. Tonsor History of Ideas Undergraduate Honors Award: Davis Moyer, James Stevenson
- Stephen J. Tonsor Best Oral Presentation of Thesis Award: Emily Anne Kopp
- Elizabeth Sargent Lee Medical History Prize: Roderick Allan Johnson, Jr.
- James A. Knight Scholarships in History: Bailey Iliana Burke, Grant Mullins, Bennett Walling, Ava Thompson Wells
View the 2023 Honors Symposium Program (PDF). Selected photos are available below.