Great Lakes Days
January 25 & 26, 2020
Museum of Natural History
Celebrate the amazing natural history of Michigan and the Great Lakes!
- Author Deb Pilutti read and signed her new children’s book, Old Rock (is not boring)
- Jeremy Guc presented the work of St. Clair-Detroit River Sturgeon for Tomorrow
- Guests learned about watersheds at our stream table
- Guests visited with scientists doing research on Great Lakes issues
- Guests discovered Great Lakes science in our two Investigate Labs
- Guests explored our special exhibit Survivor: The long journey of lake sturgeon
- Included hands-on activity stations, and more!
Social Impact Fair
January 29, 2020
This was the sixth annual Social Impact Fair, a dedicated forum for LSA students interested in taking action on social, environmental, and political issues that are defining our world today. In collaboration with the Great Lakes Theme Semester, this year’s Social Impact Fair included organizations and projects responding to issues affecting the Great Lakes, and provided opportunities for students to get involved in these efforts as volunteers, interns, and staff.