Procedures for submitting an online application
- Go to the online application website.
- Set up an account. This allows you to work on your application securely, to save work and to return later to complete and submit the application online.
- Read the instructions. Review the application instructions. They will help you complete your application correctly and submit it successfully.
- Complete the application form. Answer the questions carefully and accurately and include your statement of purpose.
- Check the Application Inspector. Double-check to make sure all required questions are answered before you submit the application.
- Pay the application fee. Choose how you would like to pay the application fee.
- Submit the application. Review your application one last time and submit it online.
- Receive an email confirmation. Once you submit your application, you will receive an email to confirm that it has been successfully sent to the Rackham Graduate School.
- Please submit the following online
Personal Narrative/Statement of Purpose: the personal narrative and statement of purpose can be combined into a single document. The statement of purpose should address your reasons for applying to a doctoral program in film, digital media and television studies, in general, and the University of Michigan's Department of the Department of Film, Television, and Media, in particular; this should include your previous coursework and/or professional experience. The personal narrative should be an autobiographically-informed essay that will enable the graduate committee to understand your desire to pursue academic study in the Department of Film, Television, and Media.
Two critical writing samples: the length of each writing sample should be ten to twenty pages.
Copies of all transcripts at institutions where a degree was earned.
10. Please submit the following online
The request for transcsipts, GRE scores, TOEFL, and MELAB scores should be made at least six weeks before the deadline date.
Official transcipts from all institutions awarding a degree
GRE scores: use code 1839
TOEFL or MELAB scores: International applicants who are non-native speakers of English must also include TOEFL or MELAB scores and an official translation of transcripts into English, if necessary. Non-native speakers of English should also provide the Graduate School with an official report of their TOEFL or MELAB scores.