- Going Blue! Online Pre-Arrival Course
- Mini Courses
- Speaking and Writing Studio
- TESOL Teacher Preparation Courses
- ELI 390: Community-Engaged Learning in ESL Teaching Contexts
- ELI 393/ELI 591: Teaching English Internationally
- Academic English Workshops
This course prepares undergraduates to teach ESL in local communities and provides them with hands-on teaching practice experiences in local service organizations. Participants explore the overall theme of “Language and Community" through building knowledge and awareness of ESL teaching methods & techniques. The course emphasizes communicative language teaching and language learning issues in community contexts. This service-learning approach enables participants to prepare for and reflect on their practice teaching in a local ESL classroom or tutoring program.