- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Departmental News
- Student News
- Faculty News
- Summer 2023 EAP Goes to Detroit!
- Conversations Circles Fall Harvest Gathering
- ELI Student Spotlight - Yunhee Kim
- Winter 2024 Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs Now Open for Registration
- Student to Student Event: Gingerbread Houses Decorating!
- ELI Student Spotlight - Yuri Augusto Carreiro
- All Events
- Emmanuel Orozco Castellanos Named a 2024 Rhodes Scholar
- Diane Larsen-Freeman in the News
Preparing for Graduate Success: Language, Culture, and Community at the University of Michigan
This highly-interactive four-week online course prepares you to hit
the ground running in your academic program. You will learn about the
academic language of graduate study and research in the U.S., as well as
campus culture both in and outside the classroom.
Each unit covers specific language skills you need to achieve your
academic, scholarly, and professional goals. You will read articles,
watch short video lectures and complete assignments. You will hone and
refine your language skills through online discussions. You will receive
extensive individualized feedback from the instructior.