- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Departmental News
- Student News
- Faculty News
- Summer 2023 EAP Goes to Detroit!
- Conversations Circles Fall Harvest Gathering
- ELI Student Spotlight - Yunhee Kim
- Winter 2024 Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs Now Open for Registration
- Student to Student Event: Gingerbread Houses Decorating!
- ELI Student Spotlight - Yuri Augusto Carreiro
- All Events
- Emmanuel Orozco Castellanos Named a 2024 Rhodes Scholar
- Diane Larsen-Freeman in the News
The ELI Fall Workshop Series on English for Academic Purposes kicks off this Friday, October 23, 3-5 pm, with a two-hour session designed to help international graduate students write more effective emails messages:
WRITING ACADEMIC EMAIL
Have you ever struggled to write important email messages? Have you ever wondered whether your email messages are a good reflection of your professional persona? Given the importance of email in academic and professional settings, the ability to write effective e-mail messages is an essential skill. In this workshop we will focus on strategies for writing clear, effective and professional email. We will discuss the aspects of email that make it likely to be read, to be easily understood and to create a good impression. Bring a few samples of your important email messages to analyze.