- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Departmental News
- Student News
- Faculty News
- Summer 2023 EAP Goes to Detroit!
- Conversations Circles Fall Harvest Gathering
- ELI Student Spotlight - Yunhee Kim
- Winter 2024 Course for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs Now Open for Registration
- Student to Student Event: Gingerbread Houses Decorating!
- ELI Student Spotlight - Yuri Augusto Carreiro
- All Events
- Emmanuel Orozco Castellanos Named a 2024 Rhodes Scholar
- Diane Larsen-Freeman in the News
This Winter, international graduate students can take an ELI course entirely online, or in a blended online/onsite format. Online course components allow students to complete assignments and participate in class discussions anytime, anywhere. These online components also provide extensive opportunities for interaction, reflection, and language practice.
We are offering three online/blended courses in Winter ‘15:
ELI 521.001: Writing for Academic Purposes I Section 001 of this course meets online. After one initial in-person class session, students will complete the rest of this course asynchronously online, with optional face-to-face group meetings and consultations with the instructor.
ELI 538.003: Pronunciation in Context Section 003 of this course is a blended online/in-person section. The class will meet in-person once a week for 10 weeks. The rest of the work for the course will be completed asynchronously online.
ELI 530.001: Academic Speaking and Writing for Architecture and Urban Planning This course will be offered in a blended online/onsite format. The class will meet in person once a week. The rest of the work for this course will be completed asynchronously online.