- Online Pre-Arrival Course: Preparing for Graduate Success
- Graduate Courses
- NEW FOR FALL 2021! Culture and Communication in the U.S.
- Language Clinics
- ELI Online
- International GSI Program
- Academic English Workshops
- Courses and Resources for International Scholars and Postdocs
Do you sometimes feel that you understand the words but not the meaning of what someone is saying? Do you feel you lack important cultural knowledge to fully participate in conversations in English? In this class you will learn to bridge cultural differences so that you can socialize in English and feel more comfortable and confident in intercultural interactions. (1 credit, online)
Learn how to make connections across cultures, talk about your own culture in English and explore your own identity and culture in relation to others so that you can participate in campus conversations about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Course activities include:
- Weekly short readings or video viewing on topics in U.S. culture
- Pair and group discussions
- Visiting speakers on topics in U.S. culture
- Discussions with U.S.-raised U-M students
For course details and to register, check out the LSA Course Guide.
For more information or for guidance on ELI courses and other resources, sign-up online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment with an ELI Advisor.