- ELI ONLINE
- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking and Listening Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Postdocs
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
- GSI Courses
- ELI Academic Advising
The English Language Institute recognizes that many busy graduate students at the University of Michigan may find it challenging to fit an additional course into their busy schedules. The ELI therefore offers several ONLINE academic English courses for graduate students.
These online course sections follow the same rigorous English for Academic Purposes curriculum as our in-person course courses. They are highly interactive and include extensive individual feedback from the instructor.
Asynchronous course structure means that you can complete assignments according to your own schedule: As long as you meet weekly deadlines, you can do your work morning, noon, or night.