- ELI ONLINE
- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking and Listening Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Postdocs
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
- GSI Courses
- ELI Academic Advising
10-week course offered in the Fall term. Meets once a week for 90 minutes.
In this highly-interactive course, you will increase your fluency, comfort, and confidence communicating with different types of English speakers in both formal and informal situations. You will learn to express your ideas more clearly and fluently, respond effectively to opposing viewpoints, and clarify misunderstandings. This course is ideal for you if you are a graduate student in your first year and are living and studying in an English speaking environment for the first time. It might also be right for you if you are a more advanced student but have limited opportunities to use English in your daily life.
Course activities include:
Office hour role plays
Interviews with community members