- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking and Listening Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
- ELI Academic Advising
The ELI offers a wide range of credit-bearing English for Academic Purposes courses for graduate students at the University of Michigan.
ELI classes are small, interactive, and provide students with extensive one-on-one feedback. Our curriculum is based on the latest research on the kinds of speaking and writing students need to achieve their academic and professional goals. Our faculty provides every student with a high-level of personalized guidance and support.
For a personalized counseling session with an ELI faculty member which includes an assessment of your language needs and guidance choosing an appropriate course, please click the button below to make an appointment or e-mail ELIadvisor@umich.edu.