In 2018-19, the Eisenberg Institute will feature ten guests for its Thursday lecture series. Speakers were nominated by faculty and graduate students from the Department of History and selected by the institute’s Steering Committee. Guests include:
- September 13, 2018: Hussein Fancy, University of Michigan
- September 27, 2018: Chandra D. Bhimull, Colby College
- October 11, 2018: Katherine French, University of Michigan
- October 25, 2018: Fabio Lanza, University of Arizona
- November 8, 2018: Vazira Zamindar, Brown University
- November 29, 2018: Martin Summers, Boston College
- January 31, 2019: Paul C. Johnson, University of Michigan
- February 21, 2019: Alexandra Minna Stern, University of Michigan
- March 21, 2019: Miroslava Chavez-Garcia, University of California, Santa Barbara
- April 4, 2019: Elizabeth Lunbeck, Harvard University
- April 18, 2019: Jamie Kreiner, University of Georgia
The winter term talks are linked to the theme of "Anxious Agency," an exploration of the complexity of agency, including that of historians themselves.
The institute will announce 2018-19 workshops, symposia, and other special events later this summer.
These events are made possible by a generous contribution from Kenneth and Frances Aftel Eisenberg.