- Academic Resources & Policies
- Course Conflicts Policy
- Waitlist Policy
- Awards & Scholarships
- Commencement & Graduation
- Email Group
- Events for Economics Majors
- Featured Alumni
- Requirements for the Major and Minor
- Transfer Students, Credits, & Study Abroad
- Undergraduate Student Groups
For all classes, the department uses the electronic waitlist system in Wolverine Access once the class fills. For 100, 200, and 300 level courses, as well as 401, 402, 451, and 452, priority is determined by sequential order on the waitlist. For 400-level elective courses, priority on the waitlist is given first to students with “urgent priority”, and then to all other students.
Specifically, students are deemed to have urgent priority if and only if they satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Have declared the economics major or minor
- Have applied to graduate in the term the course is offered
- Have not yet registered for enough credits to meet the 9-credit (or 3-credit for minors) 400-level elective requirement
- Joined the waitlist before the start of junior registration appointments.
Among students with urgent priority, priority is determined by sequential order on the waitlist. Students without urgent priority may be admitted to the class only if there are no urgent-priority students on the waitlist. Among students without urgent priority, priority is determined by sequential order on the waitlist.