- Academic Resources & Policies
- Awards & Scholarships
- Commencement & Graduation
- Economics Mentoring (Formerly EARN)
- Email Group
- Events for Economics Majors
- Featured Alumni
- Requirements for the Major and Minor
- Transfer Students, Credits, & Study Abroad
- Undergraduate Student Groups
Dr. Elaine Buckberg — Chief Economist of General Motors
Dr. Elaine Buckberg is Chief Economist of General Motors. Immediately prior to joining GM, she was a Principal at The Brattle Group, a global economic consultancy. Previously, Dr. Buckberg served as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy Coordination in the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Economic Policy. She also worked at NERA Economic Consulting, where she was a Senior Vice President as well as a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and the Chair of the Strategy Committee. Dr. Buckberg began her career at the International Monetary Fund and worked in currency strategy and risk management at Morgan Stanley.
Dr. Buckberg earned her Ph.D. in Economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a B.A. in Economics and English from Yale University.