Gifts from alumni and friends of the Economics Department provide vital support for learning and research, program innovation, and new initiatives. Every gift is important and makes a difference in the Department’s ability to provide unique opportunities for students and faculty. We especially need your support for these priorities:
- Department Strategic Fund—Provide financial resources for unexpected needs and challenges, such as seed funding for faculty research projects, computer lab expenses, and conferences. If you do not designate a use for your gift, it will be added to this fund.
- Foster Library—Advance the research activities of students and faculty by providing funding for electronic resources and the ongoing costs of the Foster Library.
- Named Seminar Series—Expose students to the world’s leading economists and promote intellectual exchange for faculty.
- Named Graduate Student Support—Strengthen both graduate and undergraduate programs by supporting talented graduate students, the faculty of tomorrow.
- Named Career Development Professorships—Enable Economics to “grow its own stars” by endowing professorships for recently tenured scholars.
- Named Endowed Professorships—Attract, retain, and recognize superb faculty, the key determinant of academic leadership.
For information on how to make a gift to Economics, please go to Gift Giving.
We are also always looking for alumni to mentor to our undergraduate majors through LSA's mentorship program, LSA Connect! For more information about participating, please check out LSA Connect.