MA '78 Econ; PhD '82 Econ
Retired Financial Technology Executive
Mark Greene is a seasoned financial technology executive with extensive experience leading and growing complex global businesses, as both an operating executive and board director. He is a recognized thought leader on banking and economic trends, forecasting, risk management, trading, big data, and predictive analytics.
During his professional career, Dr. Greene served as:
• CEO of OpenLink Financial, a preeminent risk management software company.
• CEO of Fair Isaac (FICO), a leader in behavioral analytics, best known for the FICO credit score
• General Manager of IBM’s $14B global banking customer segment
• Economist and Assistant Director of Research at the Federal Reserve Board
Currently, Greene is active in several for-profit and nonprofit endeavors:
• Advisor to TOP Networks, a leading blockchain communications platform.
• Advisor to Ryzgo, a software firm that enables transparency and trust in the blockchain economy using Distributed Ledger Technology in B2B & B2C transactions.
• Board Director of Blue Zones, LLC, a longevity and wellness firm that advises communities on improving citizens’ life expectancy and happiness.
• Trustee and Chair of the Endowment Committee of the Walker Art Center, an internationally known contemporary art museum in Minneapolis.
Greene holds a BA magna cum laude from Amherst College, and MA and Ph.D from the University of Michigan, all in Economics. Greene is an avid rower and triathlete. He and his wife Penelope have two adult children and reside in Minneapolis and New York City.