Washtenaw County Community Mental Health Crisis Services.

24/7 phone services and mobile crisis services are available to any Washtenaw County Resident and can be accessed by calling 734-544-3050.


Student Support Request / Campus Climate Concern Report Form

Please complete this form if you are a student in need of support, know a student who needs support, or are generally concerned about a student. Faculty and staff concerns not related to a student should be directed to appropriate units such as HR or the Office for Institutional Equity. Dean of Students Office staff may refer concerns to other offices as necessary.


Academic Progress Report

The Academic Progress Report for LSA students who are struggling in a course. Your submitted report will be sent directly and simultaneously to the student and the student’s assigned academic advisors. (Requires instructor role for a course in Wolverine Access.)


Provost's Office Faculty Handbook



Students in Distress

This document from the LSA undergraduate Advising office provides some guidelines for how to deal with students that are distressed or having mental health issues.  These issues are common on our campus and the university has resources to help.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) The mission of Counseling and Psychological Services is to foster the psychological development and emotional well-being of students through counseling and psychotherapy, preventive and educational programming, consultation and outreach, as well as contributions to the mental health professions.

The Dean of Students Office is available to students, parents/families, and faculty/staff who have questions about student support and assistance (in general and particularly related to COVID-19) and/or who are concerned about a student’s well-being.


Faculty Resources

CAPS faculty toolkit to (i) help faculty create a classroom/lab/studio environment that is supportive of student mental health and (ii) to provide faculty with tips on how to identify and help a student who may be struggling with their mental health: https://caps.umich.edu/article/faculty-toolkt 


Graduate Student Resources

The /earth graduate student page has a number of resources for graduate students. 

Rackham's website has a number of mental health resources: http://www.rackham.umich.edu/current-students/help