Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Appointment Request Form

Please complete this form to request an appointment for a postdoctoral research fellow.

Remember to attach the postdoc's CV by clicking on "Select File" at the bottom of this form and uploading a PDF. A draft offer letter will be sent to you for review.

LSA requires an official document from the PhD conferring institution, usually from the registrar's office, stating that the postdoc has completed their PhD degree requirements (attach to this form if available). If they do not submit this prior to their start date, they will be appointed as a visiting research investigator until this document is received by our office. You can find more information regarding postdocs on the LSA website.

For questions or concerns, please contact Stacy Wilkin in the Department main office.


Visiting Scholar Request Form

Please complete this form to request Department and University sponsorship for a Visiting Scholar or Visiting Graduate Student or for another visitor who requires space or services such as an Mcard.

Visiting Scholars Requirements:

Visiting Scholars must have have one of the following:

  • a PhD (or equivalent) or other comparable terminal graduate or graduate-professional degree and hold a faculty or other permanent research position at another accredited university, college, or research organization
  • a Masters or equivalent intermediate degree and substantial professional experience that the host unit affirms to be equivalent to that expected of a member of the University of Michigan faculty; and are pursuing a program of research as their primary purpose; and will be in residence for a term of not less than one month and not more than three calendar years.

Visiting Graduate Student Requirements:

Visiting Graduate Students must be conducting research related to the graduate degree requirements of another university as their primary purpose; and be in residence for not less than one month and not more than two calendar years. Students visiting under student exchange agreements are not eligible for Visiting Graduate Student status.

For questions or concerns, please contact the Department main office.