- DAAS Course Offerings
- Student Advising during COVID-19
- Degree Requirements
- Wangari Maathai Essay Competition
- Study Abroad
- Funding Request Policy
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
- Courses in Afroamerican & African Studies (AAS)
- The DAAS Difference
Requirements for the DAAS Minor (17 credits total):
1. Prerequisite (4 credits):
- DAAS 111: Introduction to Africa and Its Diaspora
- This 4-credit course offers necessary background for taking 200-, 300-, and 400-level courses.
2. One course at the 200 level (3 credits):
The following courses best satisfy this requirement:
- DAAS 200: Introduction to African Studies
- DAAS 201: Introduction to African American Studies
- DAAS 202: Introduction to Caribbean Studies
3. Two courses at the 300 or 400 level (6 credits total):
- These courses must focus on two of three major geographic areas of the African Diaspora (Africa, the Americas, or the Caribbean) or they may be cross area courses that focus on at least two geographic areas of the African Diaspora.
4. One Senior Seminar: DAAS 495 (4 credits):
- This writing-intensive course offers a capstone experience for seniors.
- Students writing a DAAS Honors thesis must enroll in DAAS 495-Honors, an advanced section of the course.
- DAAS Honors Program information.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.