CSP advisors have smaller caseloads and work with your student holistically from first-year through graduation to ensure academic success. CSP advisors encourage your student to:
- Schedule a meeting 3-4 times per term to discuss academic planning and personal issues.
- Talk about their general academic progress. If you desire to speak to an advisor, you will need to submit a signed letter authorizing discussion of their transcript. See FERPA Guidelines.
- Explore majors and minors and see departmental advisors for specific program information.
- Take CSP courses, use CSP tutors, attend our academic workshops, and consult our Financial Aid Specialist.
- Track their degree progress and understand what is required.
- Meet with all CSP 101 students to create a 4-year plan and monitor transition to the university.