Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}


How do I get a CSP Academic Advisor?

  • Upon entry into CSP, you are assigned an Academic Advisor who is also your LSA Advisor. You will work with this advisor until graduation. Appointments can be made by calling our office at (734) 764‐9128 or online.

What about degree requirements?

  • Your CSP advisor will help you develop your academic program, suggest enrichment opportunities, check your progress toward degree, and explain academic policies and commitments. 

Can any student join CSP? Do I have to be in CSP to utilize its services?

  • Any undergraduate may apply to become a program affiliate by attending an information session. Yes, our services are restricted to CSP students and they are given enrollment priority for all CSP courses.

Can I be in CSP and in other living/learning communities?

  • Yes, CSP students are represented in every school, college, and program on campus. In fact, we encourage our students to join other communities and to utilize as many campus resources as possible.

Are there any requirements or obligations as a CSP student?

  • All CSP (affiliates, non-bridge) students must register for a 1‐ credit membership course (CSP 101) during their first fall term. This course introduces students to the benefits of CSP membership and helps them develop effective campus connections.

How are CSP Academic Advising and courses different from other departments?

  • We offer continuous advising while working with your CSP instructors to offer support throughout your years here at Michigan. This is part of our holistic approach. CSP courses are intensive with smaller class enrollment and taught by experienced instructors who provide individualized attention and additional office hours.

How to register for CSP courses?

  • Access to CSP courses is by permission only through an academic advisor. Non‐CSP students have access to CSP courses at the end of the registration cycle and must request permission to register from a CSP advisor. After classes begin, students are required to ask for an override through the instructor of whom they would like to take a class.

How to request a tutor?

Contact your advisor with the course you need a tutor for and they will submit the online request for you. During your appointment, you will also discuss your progress in the course and create a strategy for success.

What is the Summer Bridge Scholars Program?

  • Summer Bridge Scholars is a seven week intensive academic preparation program. This residential program is designed to give students first‐hand knowledge and experiences of student life at a large research university.