The Women’s Studies major seeks to:
- Provide majors with an understanding of the interdisciplinary scholarship on women, gender, and sexuality and to train them in interdisciplinary methods
- Offer theoretical and practical approaches to feminist thinking cross the disciplines
- Encourage comparative thinking through coursework that explores the multicultural and global nature of feminist scholarship
- Train majors to think analytically by teaching them to read and write critically
- Provide supporting skills and contexts for the study of women through the cognate requirement
- Encourage intellectual and academic breadth through a cognate requirement
Students interested in declaring or learning about one of the majors or minors must first attend an Information Session, held throughout the term in Lane Hall. You will be able to declare at the session.
Information Sessions are held in Lane Hall at the following times: Wed. Jan. 24, 4:30-5:15pm, Monday, Feb. 19, 3:15-4:00pm, Wed. March 14, 4:30-5:15pm, and Monday, April 2, 3:15-4:00pm. Sign up for an information session on the advising calendar.
WALK-IN ADVISING is held on Tuesdays, 1:30-4:30 pm in 1122 Lane Hall when classes are in session.
Wondering what exactly you can do with a Women's Studies degree? See what our alumni are up to now.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.