The Women’s Studies major seeks to:
- Provide majors with an understanding of the interdisciplinary scholarship on women, gender, and sexuality and to train them in interdisciplinary methods
- Offer theoretical and practical approaches to feminist thinking cross the disciplines
- Encourage comparative thinking through coursework that explores the multicultural and global nature of feminist scholarship
- Train majors to think analytically by teaching them to read and write critically
- Provide supporting skills and contexts for the study of women through the cognate requirement
- Encourage intellectual and academic breadth through a cognate requirement
Wondering what exactly you can do with a Women's Studies degree? See what our alumni are up to now.
Students interested in declaring or learning about one of the majors or minors must first attend an information session, held throughout the term in 2239 Lane Hall. You will be able to declare at the session. Sessions for Fall 2017 will take place on the following dates and times:
- Monday, October 2, 3:15-4:00 pm
- Monday, October 30, 11:10 am-12:00 pm and 1:10-2:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 15, 4:30-5:15 pm
- Monday, December 4, 3:15-4:00 pm
WALK-IN ADVISING is held on Tuesdays, 10:30am-1:00pm in 1122 Lane Hall when classes are in session.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.